TEMPORARY UNEMPLOYMENT INFORMATION
Temporary unemployment is filed through the Department of Labor, Unemployment Insurance Division. Qualification will be determined by DLIR.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR FIRST-TIME APPLICANTS:
- You MUST register online at the DLIR website: https://huiclaims.hawaii.gov/#/login. Click “Create Account” under “Claimant Registration” to get started.
- Instructions on how to register.
- To register, you MUST have:
- Email address
- Social security number OR green card number (aka permanent resident card number)
- Checking or savings account number and bank routing number
- Employment over the past 18 months
- Employers name & address
- Dates of employment
- Reason for separation
- Registration online is available 24/7.
- DLIR is also taking appointments to assist you. Appointments can be scheduled online at https://labor.hawaii.gov/ui/appointments/
- File a claim on the DLIR website.
- Instructions on how to file a claim certificate.
- You can only file online during these times:
- Monday through Friday: 6:30am-11:00pm
- Weekends and Holidays: 9:00am-11:00pm
- Enter week ending date being claimed
- Answer all the questions.
- Reason for Separation
- Question 6. “Do you expect to obtain work through a Labor Union?” Select Yes.
- After completion, you will receive a confirmation number.
INFORMATION FOR THOSE WHO HAVE PREVIOUSLY REGISTERED FOR UNEMPLOYMENT:
If you have previously registered for unemployment but need to reset your password, you can call DLIR at this phone numbers: 808-762-5751, 833-901-2272, 833-901-2275, 808-762-5752.
This phone number will be open 7:45am to 4:30pm Monday to Friday.