Unemployment Weekly Reporting Requirements
In order for Local 5 to be compliant with State law, we must verify that you are in good standing with the Union and confirm that you meet the requirements, which will be reported to Unemployment. Please call the Dues Department at (808) 941-2141 to find out if you are in good standing with the Union, which means you are current on your membership dues.
You may choose not to go through the Union. If you decide to not go through the Union, you will need to change your Unemployment status from Union to Non-Union. This means you will not do your verification of good standing through the Union and instead will follow the State’s procedures in order to be eligible for unemployment benefits. The state’s procedures include posting your resume online on HireNet. You will be eligible for an array of job-seeking services and programs available through the State Workforce Development (WDD).
If you choose to go through the Union, we will submit a weekly report to Unemployment, but you must follow the instructions below.
PLEASE KNOW THAT YOU MUST CONTINUE TO FILE YOUR WEEKLY / BI-WEEKLY CLAIMS WITH UNEMPLOYMENT
1) Members in good standing can complete your weekly report via the Local 5 website. Go to: http://www.unitehere5.org/UIweekly
Online hours: Sunday beginning at 7:00am through Tuesday at 9:00am. Any forms submitted before or after this time period will NOT be accepted. Should you miss the Tuesday cutoff time, you have to until 5 pm to call our office. 808-941-2141
Instructions for filling out the weekly report via the Local 5 website:
- Enter your legal name (name you used when registering with UI)
- Enter your property name
- Enter your last 4 digits of Social Security Number
- Enter your email address
- Answer the following 3 questions:
- Did you work last week?
- Are you available to work this week?
- Are you in good standing with your membership dues?
You will receive a confirmation number via email from Local 5 after our office confirms your responses by Friday. This number is reported to UI. Should UI have questions regarding your weekly claims they may call you and ask you for your confirmation number from Local 5. This number will change weekly.
2) Members who are not in good standing, and would like to go through the Union should call Local 5 at (808) 941-2141 to find out the amount of dues you owe and how to become a member in good standing.
Hours: Monday – Tuesday from 8:00am – 5:30pm
You will be required to be in good standing with your membership dues.
Once you are a member in good standing and maintain your good standing, then moving forward, you can do your weekly reporting on our Local 5 website: http://www.unitehere5.org/UIweekly (follow the instructions above).