By now, the Trust Fund (and Union) anticipated all qualifying members would have received their ARPA COBRA Notice. Regrettably, distribution of these notices has been delayed. Model language from the Department of Labor to incorporate into these notices were issued late. Compiled with this was having to write special codes to ensure each member’s qualifying event and benefits were captured appropriately. Inasmuch as the above steps were completed, the delay now falls in the hands of the mail vendor. Unfortunately, due to the volume of notices, vendors (locally and nationally) are running into delays in printing and distributing.
The Plan received confirmation that the ARPA COBRA Notices will be sent out by the required deadline of May 31, 2021.
The ARPA COBRA Notice packet will consist of the following:
- COBRA Notice
- Election Form
- Request for Treatment as an Assistance Eligible Individual
IF APPLYING FOR ARPA COBRA SUBSIDY, YOU MUST COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING:
- SUMMARY OF THE COBRA PREMIUM ASSISTANCE
REQUEST FOR TREATMENT AS AN ASSISTANCE ELIGIBLE INDIVIDUAL
- Member and each dependent must complete, sign, and answer/attest to all four (4) questions. Parent or Legal Guardian may sign on behalf of minor dependents
- If member or dependent answered “NO” to any one of the four (4) questions, they are not eligible for the subsidy
- Member or dependent who answered “NO” may still be eligible for COBRA, however the customary COBRA rates will apply for eligibility
- Answer questions truthfully and correctly. Failure to do so may result in penalties imposed by the IRS
- COBRA CONTINUATION COVERAGE ELECTION FORM
- Member to complete, sign and date form
- If you are already enrolled in COBRA, you DO NOT NEED to re-submit an Election Form; only need to submit an executed Request for Treatment as an Assistance Eligible Individual. However, if one of your dependents is not eligible for the subsidy and you wish to continue coverage, you must pay the customary COBRA Rate to continue eligibility. For more information contact the Trust Fund Office.
Completed forms must be submitted no later than 60 days of issuance of COBRA Notice. No extensions for Subsidy.
If you are eligible for the Subsidy and have paid COBRA/Self Pay for months in which you are eligible, the Plan will reimburse you accordingly.
Mail or deliver to Trust Office, BRMS, at 560 N. Nimitz Hwy. DROP BOX is also available.
Questions: Contact Trust Fund Office (808) 523-0199; Neighbor Islands 1-866-772 8989
Email: [email protected]
Or: In person (or phone) appointment visit: www.unitehere5trustbenefits.com
Once you receive the packets we will have another townhall / zoom meeting to assist with you with filling out the forms and answering any related questions.
https://www.unitehere5.org/wp-content/uploads/2-Circle-Logo.png 720 720 prodelas /wp-content/uploads/local5-1.jpg prodelas2021-05-15 13:36:382021-05-15 13:36:38ARPA (COBRA) NOTICES UPDATE