https://www.unitehere5.org/wp-content/uploads/2018-10-09-09.51.18-HDR.jpg 3024 4032 Bryant de Venecia /wp-content/uploads/local5-1.jpg Bryant de Venecia2018-10-10 06:00:152018-10-10 02:21:46Marriott Strike Bulletin: Day 3
- United Public Workers (UPW) pulled members out of a safety conference at the Sheraton Waikiki to honor our strike.
- 4 Hawaiian Telcom workers (members of IBEW Local 1357) honored our strike and didn’t cross our picket lines at the Marriott Kyo-ya Waikiki hotels.
- More union leaders and members have joined our Marriott strike picket lines, including Teamsters, Hawaii State Teachers Association, and the Machinists.
- So many workers joined our strike that management gave letters to guests saying guest services are limited or shut down (click here for letters to guests at Sheraton Maui, Sheraton Princess Kaiulani, Moana Surfrider).
- Honolulu Star-Advertiser: “Hawaii’s largest hotel walkout lasted for 22 days in 1990”
- Hawaii News Now: “Local 5 union workers continue picketing for better wages, benefits”
- KITV 4: “Local 5 strike could impact many more hotels”
- The Maui News: “Sheraton Maui workers strike”
- Honolulu Civil Beat: “Denby Fawcett: Taking The #MeToo Movement To The Next Level”