https://www.unitehere5.org/wp-content/uploads/44039870_10215708503039289_8892000011294867456_n.jpg 720 960 Bryant de Venecia /wp-content/uploads/local5-1.jpg Bryant de Venecia2018-10-15 08:00:402021-04-22 14:56:26Marriott Strike Bulletin: Day 8
Victories from yesterday:
- Gov. David Ige’s Chief of Staff, Mike McCartney, joined our picket line and affirmed the Governor’s support of our One Job Should Be Enough campaign.
- OPEIU (Office and Professional Employees International Union) made a public statement supporting our national Marriott strike. Their local affiliate, the Hawaii Nurses Association OPEIU 50, has been joining our picket lines.
- Our #Relayfor1job made its way from Kaneohe to Kualoa Park. So many honks and shakas of support!
- Students from UH Maui College’s Kabatak Club joined our Sheraton Maui picket line.
Community members and other Local 5 members continue to support us, including the Toyoma ohana. They donated manapua and pork hash in honor of their grandparents who were Local 5 members.
- Honolulu Star-Advertiser: “Strike-related dampening of visitor numbers could cross into 2019“
- KHON 2: “Noise from Local 5 strike impacting businesses, guests”
- Associated Press: “Officials Fear Hawaii Hotel Worker Strike Could Go Into 2019”
- View from the Wing: “As Marriott Workers Strike, Guests Stuck With the Full Bill But Less Service”