Marriott Strike Bulletin: Day 7
View PDF version of Marriott Strike Day 7 bulletin here.
View all photos from Marriott Strike Day 6.
Worker unity and community support really ramped up on Day 6 of our #MarriottStrike.
Two public sector unions, the United Public Workers and the University of Hawaii Professional Assembly, wrote public statements supporting our strike.
The Hawaii Democratic Party joined our Sheraton Princess Kaiulani picket line and donated water.
Many tourists joined our picket lines, even helping us with chanting. Community supporters donated water, food, and even roses and lei to our picket lines.
Our Relay for One Job is a huge hit. For 11 days, strikers and community supporters will walk around the island of Oahu carrying our One Job Should Be Enough flag and taking our message into the community. If you want to join our relay, contact Local 5.
- Hawaii News Now: “Kyo-ya says they’re ready to welcome back hotel workers, but picketers aren’t convinced”
- Honolulu Star-Advertiser: “Striking hotel workers take their message to Waikiki Beach”
- Honolulu Star-Advertiser: “Editorial: News of hotel strike moves fast”
- Daily Kos: “This week in the war on workers: ‘One job should be enough,’ striking Marriott workers say”
- eTurboNews: “Marriott Hawaii Strike: A travelers nightmare unfolding at Sheraton Hotels”
- Hawaii Tribune-Herald: “New technology, housekeeping among concerns in hotel strikes”
- The Maui News: “Kyo-ya: Committed to ‘good faith bargaining’”