https://www.unitehere5.org/wp-content/uploads/2018-10-17-08.57.54.jpg 3024 4032 prodelas /wp-content/uploads/local5-1.jpg prodelas2018-10-18 08:00:312018-10-19 01:28:34Marriott Strike: Day 11 bulletin
Victories from yesterday:
- Hundreds of strikers lined up and united along Kalakaua Ave. to demonstrate our unity.
- Better Homes & Gardens agreed to move their Owner’s Retreat from The Royal Hawaiian to The Kahala Resort.
- Our #Relayfor1job marched from Waimea to Kaena Point. We sign waved with community supporters at Haleiwa.
- A parakeet flew to Local 5 organizer Bea at the Sheraton Waikiki picket line and she named it Lucky Strike. Lucky Strike went viral on Twitter, causing people nationwide to donate to our Local 5 Strike Support Fund.
- Eric Gill and UH Manoa student Jun Shin wrote columns about our strike in the Star-Advertiser and Civil Beat, respectively. Both talk about how this strike will shape future generations to come.
- Honolulu Star-Advertiser: “Column: One job should be enough”
- Honolulu Star-Advertiser: “Strike could disrupt high-profile events coming to Oahu and Maui this week”
- Honolulu Civil Beat: “Hawaii Hotel Workers’ Fight Is Everyone’s Fight”
- The Maui News: “Union representing Sheraton local files unfair labor charge”
- Maui Time: “Three Sheraton Maui workers barred from property, one in handcuffs, as strike enters second week”